Book Title: Squashed Possums: Off the beaten track in New Zealand
Author: Jonathan Tindale
- New Zealand Stories: Mansfield Selections
- New Zealand's North Island Secret Travel Guide: How To Avoid The Tourist Traps and Have Your Best Trip To New Zealand
- Come on Shore and We Will Kill and Eat You All: A New Zealand Story
- New Zealand Travel Guide: Typical Costs, Weather & Climate, Visas & Immigration, How To Pack, Food, Hiking, Cycling, Top Things To See And Do And The Best Sights
- Driving New Zealand (Bucket Adventure Guides Book 3)
- Penguin History Of New Zealand
- New Zealand Travel Guide: 101 Coolest Things to Do in New Zealand (Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Christchurch, Queenstown, Travel to New Zealand, Budget Travel New Zealand, )
- Travels with Rachel: In Search of South America
- Lonely Planet New Zealand (Travel Guide)
- The Complete History of New Zealand (in less than two hours)
Bill Bryson, author of Notes from a Small Island "Terrific"
2016 Award Finalist - Travel Non-Fiction - Readers' Favorite Awards
Ten years after returning from the New Zealand outback, Jon receives a mysterious manuscript in the post. Narrated by Jon's former home, the lone caravan, Squashed Possums reveals what it's like to live in the wild through four seasons, including New Zealand's coldest winter in decades.
Dr Jock Phillips, NZ historian and author “I thoroughly enjoyed it! What an interesting story” Giles Milton, author of White Gold and Nathaniels Nutmeg “The caravan narrator – yes, a first. May it sell in the millions”
Discover how Jon finds himself reversing off the edge of a cliff, meet the Maori chef who survived 9/11, the pioneers who paved the way, and catch sight of the elusive kiwi bird. Encounter hedgehogs that fly, possums that scream, and perhaps most importantly, the lone caravan with a story to tell...