Book Title: Guiding the Gifted Child: A Practical Source for Parents and Teachers
Publisher: Anodyne, Inc. DBA Great Potential Press, Inc.
Author: James T. Webb
- Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students: Helping Kids Cope with Explosive Feelings (2nd ed.)
- Living With Intensity: Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability, and the Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Adults
- Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults: Adhd, Bipolar, Ocd, Asperger's, Depression, and Other Disorders (2nd Edition)
- Parenting Gifted Kids: Tips for Raising Happy and Successful Gifted Children
- The Survival Guide for Parents of Gifted Kids: How to Understand, Live With, and Stick Up for Your Gifted Child
- Raising a Gifted Child: A Parenting Success Handbook
- Searching for Meaning: Idealism, Bright Minds, Disillusionment, and Hope
- Some of My Best Friends Are Books: Guiding Gifted Readers (3rd Edition)
- The Gifted Teen Survival Guide: Smart, Sharp, and Ready for (Almost) Anything
This book has the intent to increase the awareness of parents, teachers and others working with gifted children particularly to recognize that these children and their families have special emotional needs and opportunities that are quite often overlooked and, thus, neglected. Most often this neglect results "only" in unfulfilled potential and missed enjoyments -- but sometimes it leads blatanly to misery and depression. Loving our children just is not enough. As in other jobs that require management roles, we have to know what we are doing!